Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Try this fun twist on pasta night with zucchini ribbons made using our Peel Good Straight Blade Peeler! The lightweight bamboo handle with ergonomic grip, makes peeling and adding veggies to meals a breeze - no more hand fatigue!
1 large zucchini
8 oz pappardelle pasta
2 tbsp olive oil
1 small shallot
4 cloves of garlic
½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Zest of one lemon
Juice of one lemon
1 tsp kosher salt
Shaved parmesan cheese, for serving
- Use the Full Circle Straight Blade Vegetable Peeler to shave the zucchini into wide ribbons. Place zucchini ribbons in a strainer and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season generously with salt. Cook pasta according to package instructions, reserving ½ cup of pasta water before serving.
- Drain pasta by pouring into the strainer directly over top of the zucchini ribbons.
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Thinly slice the garlic and shallot and add them to the oil. Sauté for about 2 minutes, until fragrant and beginning to soften.
- Add the red pepper flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt and bring to a simmer.
- Add the pasta and zucchini ribbons to the sauté pan and toss to coat, adding a splash or two of the reserved pasta water to loosen if needed.
- Serve topped with shaved parmesan cheese if desired.
RECIPE BY: ANNA RAMIZ @GATHEREDATMYTABLE