Freezer Turkey Meatballs
Makes: 16-18 meatballs
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Need a healthy dinner idea for weeknight meals? Try these Freezer Turkey Meatballs baked on our Sustainable Parchment Paper and stored in our freezer safe Compostable Clear Zipper Bags. Just reheat and serve with this homemade Blistered Tomato Marinara Sauce for an easy and delicious dinner!
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp red chili flakes
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup bread crumbs
14 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup broth or milk
1 lb ground turkey
1. Preheat the oven to 425° F and line a rimmed sheet pan with For Good Parchment Paper
2. In a large bowl, combine spices, bread crumbs, and parmesan cheese. Add the beaten egg and broth/milk and stir.
3. Add the ground turkey and use a wooden spoon or your hands to mix gently, just until everything is well-dispersed.
4. Roll 1 1/2 tbsp of the mixture into balls and place, evenly spaced, on the prepared pan.
5. Bake the meatballs for 12-15 minutes, until cooked through and turn the oven to broil. Broil for 2-3 minutes until browned, and then let the meatballs cool completely.
6. Divide cooled meatballs into For Good Sandwich Bags and freeze.
7. When you’re ready to use, simply add the meatballs to your favorite sauce and simmer until warmed through.
Blistered Tomato Marinara Sauce
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
16 oz grape tomatoes
1 head of garlic
4 tbsp olive oil
2 sprigs of rosemary
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 (14 oz) can of crushed tomatoes
1 large sprig of fresh basil
1. Preheat the oven to 425° F.
2. Place the tomatoes in a large oven-safe sauté pan. Slice the head of garlic in half crosswise and place in the pan with the tomatoes. Add the olive oil, salt and pepper and toss everything to coat. Place the rosemary sprigs in the center of the pan.
3.Roast for 30-40 minutes, until tomatoes are burst and softened, and garlic is softened and golden.
4. Remove the garlic from the pan and set aside to cool. Discard the rosemary.
5. Transfer the pan with the tomatoes to the stove and add the crushed tomatoes, along with a large pinch of salt and a few cranks of black pepper. Squeeze the garlic from its skins and add it to the pan, along with the sprig of basil. If using, add in the freezer turkey meatballs from above.
6. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 30 minutes, until the flavors have melded and meatballs are warmed throughout. Discard the basil sprig. Serve over pasta or with a crusty baguette.
RECIPE BY: ANNA RAMIZ @GATHEREDATMYTABLE