Savory Spinach Pancakes
Makes: 12 pancakes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Need a St. Patrick's Day themed breakfast? Try these Savory Spinach Pancakes! They're so good you’ll want to make extra and store them in a For Good Gallon Zipper Bag in the freezer. Just reheat in a pan when you’re ready to serve.
For the yogurt sauce:
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp lemon juice
For the cucumber tomato salad:
1 cup grape tomatoes, diced
1/2 of a red onion, diced
2 Persian cucumbers, diced
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
3/4 tsp kosher salt
For the spinach pancakes:
2 cups (250 g) all purpose flour
2 cups milk
1/2 tsp kosher salt
3 tsp baking powder
3 cups (about 100 g) fresh spinach
1/4 cup fresh herbs, such as parsley, cilantro, and dill
1 tbsp olive oil, plus more for the pan
- Make the yogurt sauce by whisking together all ingredients until smooth. Transfer to the refrigerator and chill until ready to serve.
- In a large bowl, stir together diced tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, parsley, lemon juice, and salt. Let marinate while you prepare the pancakes.
- Combine all of the pancake ingredients in a large blender and blend on high speed until completely smooth and well combined, about 2-3 minutes.
- Heat 1 tsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the pan is hot, pour in 1/4 cup of pancake batter and cook for 3-4 minutes, until the edges begin to dry and small bubbles form on the surface of the pancake. Flip the pancake, and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes, until browned and cooked through. Remove the pancake from the pan and transfer to a plate. Repeat with the rest of the batter, adding another teaspoon of olive oil to the pan if needed to prevent sticking.
- To serve, place two or three pancakes on a plate and top with a spoonful of cucumber tomato salad and a dollop of yogurt sauce. Garnish with fresh herbs.
- Store leftover pancakes in a For Good Gallon Zipper Bag in the freezer.
RECIPE BY: ANNA RAMIZ @GATHEREDATMYTABLE